06 Nov 06.11.2020 Biogas Engineer
Due to growth in this sector and additional contracts secured, DSL are looking to add to our team of highly trained Biogas Engineers.
Working within a team of experienced engineers dedicated to the contracts for the maintenance, repair and upgrading of biogas systems in landfill, anaerobic digestion, biogas distribution and final gas use.
- Support the safe, efficient and effective running of the team, ensuring best practice and compliance with Health & Safety requirements, including DSL’s HSEQ policies, working to RAMS, and following company procedures.
- Carry out the servicing of boiler plant, gas boosters and compressors.
- Inspect, maintain and repair safety devices, gauges, flare stacks and pipework.
- Repair and maintain stainless teel gas pipe systems, sewage sludge heat exchangers and components.
- Repair and maintain gas bags and gas storage vessels.
- Remove sewage sludge and water from flooded areas after a “foam-over” or system failure.
- Repair cracks and leaks to anaerobic digesters, pressure test and purge.
- Work with the team on digester draining, testing and nitrogen purge.
- Join out of hours call out rota to cover client site breakdowns and emergencies.
- May be required to attend site as a “Lone Worker”.
- Obtain equipment details and part numbers to facilitate ordering of spares.
- Complete Engineer Reports, test sheets and service records.
- Other tasks as required by your Supervisor/Line Manager.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with commercial gas installations.
- Gas Safe: COCN1, ICPN1, TCPA1, TPCP1, BMP1, CDGA1, CIGA1 as a minimum
- Preferred OFTEC 101, 105, 600A and 201
- Trained and comfortable to work within confined spaces with the use of “escape sets” and “fall arrest” equipment.
- Emergency first aid at work
- Basic knowledge of biogas systems in the water industry would be advantageous.
- Ability to work on your own, or as part of a team.
- A ‘can do’ attitude, and willing to help others.
Working 5 days a week, Monday to Friday, 8.00am till 5.30pm.
You will be required to join the call-out rota to cover out of hours breakdowns. This attracts additional remuneration on top of annual salary.
- Competitive salary including travel allowance.
- Call Out Allowance, plus enhanced rate for out of hours attendance.
- Company pension scheme.
- Employee assistance program
- 25 days annual leave per annum (Plus bank holidays).
How to apply:
You can apply using the form below and attaching your CV. Alternatively, please forward a letter of application and a copy of your CV to:
Human Resources, DSL, 8 Viewpoint, Boxley Road, Penenden Heath, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 2DZ
No Agencies please.
DSL is an equal opportunities employer
|Job Category||Gas Engineers|