06 Nov 12.08.2021 Commercial Gas Engineers to Train in Biogas Servicing, Maintenance and Installations
Due to growth in this sector and additional contracts secured, DSL are looking to add to our team of highly trained Biogas Engineers.
Working within a team of experienced engineers dedicated to the contracts for the maintenance, repair and upgrading of biogas systems in landfill, anaerobic digestion, biogas distribution and final gas use.
- Support the safe, efficient and effective running of the team, ensuring best practice and compliance with Health & Safety requirements, including DSL’s HSEQ policies, working to RAMS, and following company procedures.
- Carry out the servicing of boiler plant, gas boosters and compressors.
- Inspect, maintain and repair safety devices, gauges, flare stacks and pipework.
- Repair and maintain stainless teel gas pipe systems, sewage sludge heat exchangers and components.
- Repair and maintain gas bags and gas storage vessels.
- Remove sewage sludge and water from flooded areas after a “foam-over” or system failure.
- Repair cracks and leaks to anaerobic digesters, pressure test and purge.
- Work with the team on digester draining, testing and nitrogen purge.
- Join out of hours call out rota to cover client site breakdowns and emergencies.
- May be required to attend site as a “Lone Worker”.
- Obtain equipment details and part numbers to facilitate ordering of spares.
- Complete Engineer Reports, test sheets and service records.
- Other tasks as required by your Supervisor/Line Manager.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with commercial gas installations.
- Gas Safe: COCN1, ICPN1, TCPA1, TPCP1, BMP1, CDGA1, CIGA1 as a minimum
- Preferred OFTEC 101, 105, 600A and 201
- Trained and comfortable to work within confined spaces with the use of “escape sets” and “fall arrest” equipment.
- Emergency first aid at work
- Basic knowledge of biogas systems in the water industry would be advantageous.
- Ability to work on your own, or as part of a team.
- A ‘can do’ attitude, and willing to help others.
Working 5 days a week, Monday to Friday, 8.00am till 5.30pm.
You will be required to join the call-out rota to cover out of hours breakdowns. This attracts additional remuneration on top of annual salary.
- Competitive salary including travel allowance.
- Call Out Allowance, plus enhanced rate for out of hours attendance.
- Company pension scheme.
- Employee assistance program
- 25 days annual leave per annum (Plus bank holidays).
How to apply:
You can apply using the form below and attaching your CV. Alternatively, please forward a letter of application and a copy of your CV to:
Human Resources, DSL, 8 Viewpoint, Boxley Road, Penenden Heath, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 2DZ
No Agencies please.
DSL is an equal opportunities employer
|Job Category||Gas Engineers|